Most people do not take proper care of bath towels, starting with storing them in bathrooms to poorly sanitizing them. Since they become a proper ground for bacteria, all towels lose their shape and accumulate an odd smell. Besides avoiding keeping them in your bathroom (because of the humid environment), what else can you do to keep them, and yourself, truly clean?
Make your towels as good as new!
- Separate the cotton and linen towels, then sort them according to their color: whites, darks, and lights.
- Along with your detergent, you can add borax to your washing machine, as it does boost the power of cleaning and significantly reduces odd smells.
- Choose between bleach and vinegar, and use them for a deep-wash of your towels. For your whites, use regular bleach; for all the other ones, use a color-safe bleach; If you use hard water, make sure to use oxygen bleach, in order to get rid of stains and prevent them in the future.
- Your cotton towels must be cleaned at a minimum of 70 Celsius degrees, and the linen towels – at a maximum of 60 Celsius degrees. When the washing machine has finished the spinning cycle, immediately remove your towels, and air-dry them.
- You can now use all your favorite towels again!